Rain of Michelin stars in a year of good gastronomic harvest

Catalan cuisine is celebrating: the Torres brothers have won a third Michelin star

At Deulonder we like to be up to date with the culinary world in a broad sense and we are pleased to echo one more autumn of the establishments that have earned the prestigious Michelin Guide badge. This 2022, Catalan cuisine adds more stars with the rise of the Torres brothers, who go from two to three, the highest distinction. Sergio and Xavier Torres opened Cocina Hermanos Torres in 2018 at Taquígrafo Serra, 7 in Barcelona. The 1,000 square meter space dedicates 70% to the kitchen and the remaining 30% to the dining room. There are nineteen tables that can seat fifty diners around the central kitchen.

The tasting menu (255 euros with a pairing at 160 euros) proposes a variety of dishes created by these chef twins based on seasonal produce. The goal is to get the most out of it with minimal manipulation, as advertised on their website. Previously, the Torres brothers, who star in a cooking program on RTVE, had already achieved two stars with their previous restaurant Dos cielos. With this star, Catalonia already has four restaurants that boast the triplet: Cocina Hermanos Torres, the Bodega de Can Roca, by the Roca brothers in Girona, Lasarte, by Martín Berasategui, and Àbac, by Jordi Cruz.

The Roca brothers..

Jordi Cruz manages l’Àbac.

Lasarte restaurant in Barcelona with chef Paolo Casagrande in the center.

The victory of the Torres is not the only one in Catalan lands, since the red guide has distinguished with its first Michelin star the restaurants Aleia at Hotel Casa Fuster, Come by Paco Méndez, Enigma, Mont Bar, Slow & Low, located in Barcelona , and Etxeko Ibiza, as Canar (Ibiza), and Fusion19, in Muro (Mallorca). In the whole of the State, the number of restaurants with the prestigious French symbol is 250. Of these, only thirteen bear the three stars. The city with the most triplet award-winning restaurants is Barcelona, ​​followed by San Sebastian, with two.

Leave a Reply


Este sitio usa Akismet para reducir el spam. Aprende cómo se procesan los datos de tus comentarios.